Friday, June 12, 2009

Final Essay

The American way of life has a lot of different views on seeing things. The way I look at it is that the way they manipulate people to look at the things in the way they want to works on a lot of people because they think the government is always right and they can never go wrong. In some ways I do look at it like that because as long as it is keeping me safe and as long as I am living it does not affect me. But learning more about it this year showed me that there are a lot of wrong things going on that the government is not telling the citizens. By not telling us can cause a lot of chaos because when it gets to the public some how the citizens would start to panic and it can also cause a crash. 

For example during the health care unit we were watching a documentary and a black man needed surgery to make him healthy again and all he need was for the health care to approve the surgery so he could stay alive. But they declined it and he end up dying because he never got the surgery and one of the people working for the health insurance that declined his surgery came out and said that the real reason why they declined his surgery was because he was black. After seeing that I could not believe things are still base on the color of your skin and the kind of background you have. I think that people are still doing that because all they are doing is keeping hate in the world and not trying to bring peace and by doing that is just bringing more unnecessary conflict to the world.

During the birth unit we learn two different types of births and they are natural and normal. A natural birth is a home birth with a mid-wife and a normal birth is a birth in the hospital. A natural birth does not include the mother taking drugs. What I found out about drugs that most people do not know about drugs is that when they take it. It can affect the baby and by affecting the baby I mean by it makes their heart beat, beat faster and it by doing that it can kill the baby. I do not think it is right that they do not tell the mothers how the drugs can affect the baby and it is a possibility it can kill the baby.  I think if people more aware about what the drugs can do it probably would have affect on the usage of drugs during a normal birth and that affect would be mothers would not use drugs that much anymore.

No comments: